Welcome to TuRning Minds. Subscribe@

Rule Over Yourself

One day King Alexander was walking along a road in his territory. Accidentally he brushed against a very old man. Who are you? Alexander asked when the two came to halt. I am the king, old man answered. “A king?” echoed Alexander. Over what kingdom do you rule?



“Over myself” was the proud reply. “I rule myself because I control myself. I am my own subject to command”. All of us can be kings in the sense of the old man’s words. But how many of us actually are? Instead of being in command, often we allow ourselves to be ruled over by the tyrant of temper or laziness or passion. We cannot hope to influence others if we are not “ourselves”. And we can only be ourselves by controlling ourselves.

Courtsey: Wisdom

0 comments:

Post a Comment