Welcome to TuRning Minds. Subscribe@

What Ever My Brother Likes

 A very rich man died leaving his property entirely at the hands of his brother as the executor of the will. He left the will stating that his son was too young to manage the property and added, “What ever my brother likes let him give that to my son”. The clever brother wanted to take 900 acres of land for himself and give just 100 acres to his brother’s son.
The case went to the court. The defendant said as per the will, he could give to the young boy what ever he liked and that he could give only 100 acres. The lawyer for the plaintiff (the son) reading the will again, said the wording in the will “What ever my brother likes, let him give that to my son” meant only that what ever the defendant liked to have i.e. 900 acres should be given to the plaintiff. The case was decided in favor of the son.

0 comments:

Post a Comment